- 1 Who is Nelson Peltz?
- 2 How much is Nelson Peltz's net worth?
- 3 How has he earned this wealth?
- 4 Nelson Peltz's Real Estate
- 5 A Mini Biography of Nelson Peltz
- 6 Nelson Peltz's Early Life
- 7 Educational Background of Nelson Peltz
- 8 Nelson Peltz's Personal Life
- 9 Activities of Nelson Peltz Before Getting into Business
- 10 Nelson Peltz's Involvement with A. Peltz & Sons
- 11 Nelson Peltz & Triangle Industries Inc.
- 12 Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management, L.P.
- 13 The Companies in Which Nelson Peltz Was the Member of Board of Directors
- 14 Nelson Peltz's Social Work
- 15 Awards & Recognitions of Nelson Peltz
Who is Nelson Peltz?
Nelson Peltz is one of the richest businessmen as well as investors in the United States of America. He is the co-founder of New York-based investment firm Trian Fund Management, L.P. which raised him to the highest peak of the progress.
This genius investor is best known as the member of the board of directors in The Wendy’s Company. Over time, his net worth is growing and gives him an influential place in the world corporate governance.
How much is Nelson Peltz's net worth?
Nelson Peltz’s net worth is $1.79 billion.
How has he earned this wealth?
Nelson Peltz has accumulated this vast amount from his business activities and investments in many highest-grossing corporations like Heinz, Ingersoll Rand, Wendy’s Dupont, Mondelez, Pepsico, State Street Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Family Dollar and so on.
In February 2017, Forbes Magazine reported that Nelson is the owner of $1.51 billion up to that date. At that time, he was the 432nd wealthiest person in the US.
Nelson Peltz's Real Estate
Nelson Peltz has a luxurious house in Palm Beach, Florida namely Mountsorrel. This mansion is made over 13-acre land. It has a main house of 48,000 square-foot and a second “guest” home of 18,000 square-foot. Nelson needs to pay approximately $1.7 million taxes per year for the estate. In 2001, he wanted to sell that house but didn’t find anybody to purchase. At that time, its listed price was $75 million. Besides that, this famous investor has many other properties in New York and California.
A Mini Biography of Nelson Peltz
- His birth name is Nelson Peltz.
- He is popularly known as Nelson Peltz.
- He was born on 24 June 1942 in Brooklyn, New York City, US.
- Claire Wechsler Peltz and Maurice Herbert Peltz are his parents.
- By nationality, he is an American.
- He belongs to White- American ethnicity.
- He believes in Jewish religious views.
- Cancer is his zodiac sign.
- He is an entrepreneur, businessperson and investor by profession.
- Recently, he is staying with his third wife, Claudia Heffner.
- On 24th June 2020, he celebrated his 78th birthday.
- Physical factors:
Nelson Peltz's Early Life
Nelson Peltz was born to Claire Peltz and Maurice Herbert on the 24th day of June 1042 in Brooklyn, New York. He is the younger child of his parents.
He has an older brother namely Robert B. Peltz with whom he spent his early years in the Cypress Hills section of Brooklyn. Their parents highly followed Jewish religious rules and regulations. However, they lost their father in 1977 and after several years their mother took her last breath in 2007.
Educational Background of Nelson Peltz
Nelson Peltz was first admitted to Horace Mann School, situated in the Bronx.
After that, he enrolled in the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1960. There he joined the Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta, but quit studies in the middle.
Nelson Peltz's Personal Life
Nelson Peltz has married three times during his lifespan. Now, he is staying with his present wife, Claudia Heffner. Together they have eight children. However, Nelson has two other kids from his first wife. With his family, he lives at Mountsorrel, located in Palm Beach, Florida. He has another home in Bedford, New York.
Activities of Nelson Peltz Before Getting into Business
After dropping out of the Wharton School, Nelson joined as the ski instructor in Oregon. Besides that, he also worked as a delivery truck driver in his grandfather’s business namely A. Peltz & Sons. It was a wholesale business whose main function was to distribute fresh produce and Snow Crop brand frozen food to the restaurants in New York.
Nelson Peltz's Involvement with A. Peltz & Sons
At one point, Nelson’s father transferred all the responsibilities of A. Peltz & Sons to Nelson and his brother Robert B. Peltz.
Two brothers worked hard to facilitate and develop their business practices and reach their ultimate goals. Within the next 15 years, they changed their product line from produce to institutional frozen foods. By making a continued profit, they became the owners of several food & delivery companies over the following 10 years.
Then in 1973, they introduced the food companies as a public limited company with the name of Flagstaff Corp. The company transferred its food section to a group of investors later in 1979. Unfortunately, this section faced bankruptcy and all the lenders asked Nelson Peltz to repay the outstanding amount.
However, the business came to its former position within one year under the surveillance of Nelson and his partners.
Nelson Peltz & Triangle Industries Inc.
As Nelson was an aspiring person, he searched for a new type of business to invest.
In April 1983, he along with his Flagstaff business partner Peter May bought a share of Triangle Industries Inc. They dreamt to make this vending-machine and wire company into a Fortune 100 industrial company and the largest packaging company in the world. However, this company was sold to Pechiney in 1988.
Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management, L.P.
In 2005, Nelson Peltz started a new venture with May and Ed Garden. It is a New York-based investment firm namely Trian Fund Management, L.P.
This firm made huge investments in many businesses including Heinz, Cadbury, Kraft Foods, Ingersoll Rand, Wendy’s Dupont, Mondelez, Pepsico, State Street Corporation, Procter & Gamble and Family Dollar.
Some of its notable investments are listed below.
- It purchased roughly 3% of the whole share of the food maker in 2007.
- 3% share of Cadbury Schweppes (Dr Pepper Snapple) was acquired by this firm in 2007.
- In February 2011, this firm declared to have ownership over 8% equity in the Family Dollar Company.
- According to a report in August 2013, Trian Fund Management, L.B. has a $1.25 billion stake in Dupont.
- $1.20 billion stakes in Pepsico Inc. up to February 2014.
- 15% of the total equity of Procter & Gamble owned by this firm.
The Companies in Which Nelson Peltz Was the Member of Board of Directors
- WEN/ The Wendy’s Company
- PG/ Procter & Gamble Co.
- LM/ Legg Mason, Inc.
- SYSCO Crop.
- MSG/ The Madison Square Garden Company
- MDLZ/ Mondelez International, Inc.
- IR/ Ingersoll- Rand Plc.
- Heinz H. J. Co.
In 2005, Nelson Peltz donated $250,000 to the second inauguration of President George W. Bush. He has also made a big contribution to the development of the Jewish Community. Furthermore, he is an honourable trustee of New York-Presbyterian Hospital from 2019.
Awards & Recognitions of Nelson Peltz
The National Association of Corporate Directors entitled Nelson Peltz the most influential people in global corporate governance respectively in 2010, 2011 & 2012. In February 2014, Nelson was listed among the 25 highest-earning hedge fund managers in 2013.