- 1 Who is Myron Mixon?
- 2 What about the net worth of Myron Mixon?
- 3 How has he earned this wealth?
- 4 Summary of Net Worth
- 5 A Mini Biography of Myron Mixon
- 6 Myron Mixon's Early Life
- 7 Educational Background of Myron Mixon
- 8 Myron Mixon's Personal Life
- 9 Myron Mixon Career with BBQ
- 10 Appearance in Reality Television Shows
- 11 Myron Mixon as an Author
- 12 Restaurant of Myron Mixon
- 13 Achievements of Myron Mixon
Who is Myron Mixon?
Myron Mixon is a well-known chef and barbecue pitmaster of the United States of America. He is best known as one of the toughest competitors of the barbecue circuit.
He has knocked out The World Championship in (2001, 2004, 2007 & 2016). Besides, he has judged many barbecue completions, especially the BBQ Pitmasters. Due to his lots of accolades, people call him the winnest man in barbecue. In 2016, he was elected as the mayor of his hometown- Unadilla, Georgia for four years.
What about the net worth of Myron Mixon?
Myron Mixon’s net worth is $2 million as of October 2020.
How has he earned this wealth?
Myron Mixon has earned most of his wealth as the chief chef of Jack’s Old South competition barbecue team. Besides, he has his restaurants and product lines that contribute to his net worth each year. Moreover, he has made a handsome amount by appearing in many reality BBQ shows. His books are an amazing source of income as well.
Summary of Net Worth
A Mini Biography of Myron Mixon
- His birth name is Myron Mixon.
- People call him the winningest man in barbecue.
- He was born on 30th May 1962 in Vienna, Georgia, USA.
- Jack Mixon and Gaye Mixon are his parents.
- By nationality, he is an American.
- Gemini is his zodiac sign.
- By profession, he is a famous chef and competitor in the barbecue circuit.
- Faye Mixon is his wife.
- He celebrated his 58th birthday on 30th May 2020.
- Physical factors:
Myron Mixon's Early Life
Myron Mixon was born on the 30th day of May 1962 in Vienna, Georgia, USA. His parents, Jack and Gaye Mixon, helped him to be familiar with famous barbecue sauce recipes. Once in an interview with Eater, Myron said, “My dad fired the pits. I’d get the wood up in the pits, too. This was our whole chore… We did that every week.”
This is how he grew a passion for barbecue and gradually started to participate in many culinary competitions. And now, many food lovers accolade him for his amazing cooking styles and exotic tastes. However, he has two siblings named Vince Mixon and Tracy Mixon.
Educational Background of Myron Mixon
Myron Mixon keeps most of his private information away from the public reach. This is why we have almost no information about his education and degrees. However, we will update the information about his educational background as soon as we get any.
Myron Mixon's Personal Life
Myron Mixon tied the knot with Faye Mixon. Together they have four kids named Cory Mixon, David Mixon, Michael Mixon, and Kylie Mixon. Hopefully, he got his first grandson, Jackson David Mixon, in 2016 and shared his feelings about that on Twitter with fans and followers.
Myron Mixon Career with BBQ
As we knew earlier that Myron Mixon was quite passionate about barbecue from a very young age. In fact, he learnt to barbecue from his beloved father Jack Mixon. However, he participated in his first-ever barbecue competition in 1996 organized at Atlanta, Georgia. He earned the first position in the whole hog and third place in the pork shoulder competition.
Later on, he took part in many BBQ competitions and conquered above 200 grand championships and over 1800 BBQ trophies. He has also won the title of Grand Champion at Memphis four times in May World Championship (2001, 2004, 2007 & 2016). Moreover, he is a multi-time winner of the Big Pig Gig Grand Championships. Furthermore, he is the runner up of the Jack Daniel’s BBQ World Invitational (2014). All of his achievements have made him the winnest man in barbecue.
Appearance in Reality Television Shows
Myron Mixon made his debut in television with TLC’s reality show BBQ Pitmasters as a contestant. In the next season, the show changed its format and Myron became an honourable member of the judging panel alongside Art Smith and Warren Sapp. This show was transferred to the Destination America cable tv channel during its third season. However, Myron remained a part of the judges along with Aaron Franklin and Tuffy Stone.
In 2011, he was shown in The Ultimate BBQ Showdown as a cook. Afterwards, he stared at The Today Show on NBC. He also hosted the reality TV show “BBQ Rules”. Again, in 2017 and 2019, he appeared on two episodes of “Fox and Friends”.
Myron Mixon has authored three fantastic books on BBQ.
- His first book was “Smokin’ with Myron Mixon (2011)” where he shared 75 recipes of BBQ.
- In his second book, “Everyday Barbecue: At Home with America’s Favourite Pitmaster (2013)”, he pointed out 150 delicious recipes.
- In 2016, he published his third book “Myron Mixon BBQ Rules” which had four divisions featuring lots of sapid recipes.
Restaurant of Myron Mixon
In January 2017, Myron Mixon along with Joe Corey started up a restaurant namely Myron Mixon’s Pitmaster BBQ in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Jacks Peach BBQ Baked Beans
- Baby Back Mac and Cheese
- Dry Rubbed Wings
Achievements of Myron Mixon
Myron Mixon has achieved lots of awards and recognitions as a BBQ Pitmaster. Some of his best achievements are as follows.
- Grand Championship (200 times)
- Team of the Year awards (8 times)
- National Championship (11 times)
- State Championship (30 times)