- 1 Who is Mariano Rivera?
- 2 Let's Take a Glance at Some Unknown Facts about Mariano Rivera
- 3 How much is Mariano Rivera's net worth?
- 4 How has he earned this wealth?
- 5 MLB Statistics of Mariano Rivera
- 6 A Mini Biography of Mariano Rivera
- 7 Mariano Rivera's Early Life
- 8 Educational Background of Mariano Rivera
- 9 Mariano Rivera's Personal Life
- 10 Mariano Rivara's Starting Of Career
- 11 Mariano Rivera as Baseball Pitcher
- 12 Awards & Achievements of Mariano Rivera
Who is Mariano Rivera?
Mariano Rivera is the most affluent baseball pitcher (retired) of Panama-America with $100 million dollars. Starting a baseball career with the New York Yankees, he has earned the recognition of five-time World Series Champion. His closing pitch was so amazing that he was known as the best closer of all time.
However, he played the role of a relief pitcher for most of his career.
Let's Take a Glance at Some Unknown Facts about Mariano Rivera
- Mariano Rivera found his first glove when he was a twelve-year-old boy.
- He always supports Israel.
- By his expertise in the fields of baseball, he has earned an honourable place in the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Clubhouse Grill and Siro’s are two restaurants, owned by Mariano Rivera.
- He also has the Dealership in Toyota and Scion.
How much is Mariano Rivera's net worth?
Mariano Rivera’s net worth is $100 million dollars.
How has he earned this wealth?
He has made this huge amount to be the pitcher of the New York Yankees. In his seventeen seasons with the Yankees, his income was $170 million dollars as the salaries. Besides, he has earned a handsome amount of $10 million dollars through brand endorsements.
MLB Statistics of Mariano Rivera
Win-Loss Record 82-60 Earned Run Average 2.21 Strikeouts 1,173 Saves 652 WHIP 1.00
Earned Run Average
A Mini Biography of Mariano Rivera
- His birth name is Mariano Rivera.
- Popularly known as Mo and Sandman.
- He was born on 29 November 1969 in Panama City, Panama.
- Mariano Rivera Palacios and Delia Jiron are his parents.
- By nationality, he is an American-Panamian.
- He believes in the Christian religion.
- Sagittarius is his zodiac sign.
- He is a former Baseball pitcher.
- He is a married person and his spouse’s name is Clara Rivera.
- On 29 November, he will celebrate his 51st birthday.
- Physical factors:
Mariano Rivera's Early Life
Mariano Rivera was born to Spanish parents, Mariano Rivera Palacios and Delia Jiron, on the 29th day of November 1969. He has three siblings named Delia, Alvaro and Giraldo.
In a fishing village of Panama City, he spent his early years with the family. Though his parents were not affluent, they tried to give him all the necessary support to fulfil his dream.
Educational Background of Mariano Rivera
For studies, Mariano Rivera attended Escuela Victoriano Chacon and La Escuela Secundario Pedro Pablo Sanchez. As his family’s financial position was not stable, he had to leave schools at nine years old.
At the age of 16, he started to work in the fishing boat and continued this job for the next three years. In this meantime, he became passionate about playing soccer and baseball.
Mariano Rivera's Personal Life
Mariano Rivera and Clara were familiar with each other since primary school. At last, their acquaintance turned into a marital relationship on November 9, 1991.
Now, the couple is blessed with three sons named Mariano III, Jafel and Jaziel.
At first, they lived in Panama. Later in 2000, the family moved to Westchester County, New York.
Now they are residents of Rye in New York City.
Mariano Rivara's Starting Of Career
From a very young age, Mariano Rivera used to play soccer and baseball at the beach. Initially, he used makeshift materials to play.
However, he left soccer because of injuries on the knees and ankles. He was then only seventeen. But he kept the focus on baseball. Subsequently, joined a local baseball team called “Panama Oeste Vaqueros” as a utility player.
In 1989, he debuted as a pitcher in the Panama Oeste Vaqueros. Later, Yankees Tryout Camp offered him to join where he impressed Raybourn with his performance.
On 17th February 1990, he signed a contract with the Yankees Organization and moved to the US to pursue his career in baseball.
Mariano Rivera as Baseball Pitcher
After coming to the US, he joined the Minor League and worked for almost five years. By the grace of his amazing performance, he got a promotion to Class A Level Greensboro Hornets.
Some of his achievements while playing in Minor League are as follows.
- Played 15 games in the South Atlantic League.
- Reached to the Class A Advanced Level of Florida State League.
- Participated in 10 games on behalf of Fort Lauderdale.
- Established a 5-3 win-loss record with 2.28 ERA.
In 1995, Mariano Rivera debuted in Major League Baseball. At that time, he showed excellent performance against the California Angels. Consequently, he got promoted to a relief pitcher in the next season.
Being a relief pitcher, he made his team win the World Series of 1996 opposing the Atlanta Braves.
Other achievements of Mariano Rivera to be a pitcher of the Yankees are as follows.
- Cracked the World Series of 1998, 1999, 2000 & 2009.
- Led the Yankees toward success in the 1990s & 2000s.
Awards & Achievements of Mariano Rivera
Mariano Rivera has gained lots of awards and achievements for his extraordinary performances in the whole baseball pitching profession.
Some of his Notable Achievements have been presented in the following table.
Titles of Awards/ Achievements
The World Series Champion
Al Rolaids Relief Man Award
MLB Saves Leader