- 1 Who is Laird Hamilton?
- 2 How much is Laird Hamilton's net worth?
- 3 How has he earned this wealth?
- 4 A Mini Biography of Laird Hamilton
- 5 Laird Hamilton's Early Life
- 6 Educational Background of Laird Hamilton
- 7 Laird Hamilton's Personal Life
- 8 Modelling Career of Laird Hamilton
- 9 Laird Hamilton in Wave Surfing
- 10 Media Appearances of Laird Hamilton
- 11 Other Activities of Laird Hamilton
Who is Laird Hamilton?
Laird Hamilton is one of the most renowned wave surfers in the United States of America.
He is best known as the co-creator of tow-in- surfing as well as foil board to give better and risk-free surfing experience. Furthermore, his unique modelling style has spread his popularity among aesthetic people. Again, his creativity has built a linkage with the television and Hollywood industry.
How much is Laird Hamilton's net worth?
Laird Hamilton’s net worth is 12 million dollars.
How has he earned this wealth?
Most of his wealth came from his glorious surfing career. Besides, he has accumulated a fair amount through modelling and appearing in many TV series, documentaries, and films as well. Moreover, his clothing line is also helping in uplifting total revenues.
A Mini Biography of Laird Hamilton
- His birth name is Laird John Hamilton.
- He is popularly known as Laird Hamilton.
- He was born on 2nd March 1964 in San Francisco, California, United States.
- L.G. Zerfas and Joann Zyirek are his parents.
- By nationality, he is an American.
- He belongs to White-American ethnicity.
- Pisces is his zodiac sign.
- He is a wave surfer, action sports model, and actor by profession.
- Gabrielle Reece is his present wife.
- He celebrated his 56th birthday on 2nd March 2020.
- Physical factors:
Laird Hamilton's Early Life
Laird saw the first lights of the earth on the 2nd day of March 1964 in San Francisco, California. His father, L.G. Zerfas, left the family when Laird was just a baby of less than one year. Then his mother, Joann, took him to Hawaii, where he started to grow up.
While living there, he once became acquainted with famous surfer Stuart. Gradually, they became closer to each other, and Laird invited him to visit his house. At one point, his mother married Stuart “Bill” Hamilton. After that, they moved to Kauai. Laird has a half-brother, namely Lyon Hamilton.
Unfortunately, their mother took her last breath in 1997 as a patient of a brain aneurysm.
Educational Background of Laird Hamilton
Laird was quite interested in surfing from a very early age. When he was just a seven-year-old boy, he jumped off a cliff of 60 foot into the deep water.
To pursue studies, he attended Kappa High School. During school days, he showed aggressiveness to his fellow children. The reason behind that was his physical and mental challenges.
However, Laird quit schooling when he was in the eleventh standard. Afterwards, he took a job in the construction site. Besides, he pursued his career in modelling.
Laird Hamilton's Personal Life
Laird Hamilton shared his first bow with Maria Souza, who is an extraordinary wave surfer as well as a fashion designer. Together they have a daughter named Izabela. Sorrowfully, their marriage came to an end because of some personal issues.
After that, he married a volleyball player namely Gavrielle Reece in November 1997. The couple has given birth to two daughters called Reece Viola and Brody Jo.
This lovely family spends their family time in Kauai, Hawaii and Malibu, California.
Modelling Career of Laird Hamilton
Once one of the beaches of Kauai Laird managed to impress a photographer of Italian Men’s Vogue Magazine. Then he got a secure offer of working as the sportswear print model. At that time, he was just sixteen years old. Over time, he could grasp the most significant chance to shoot a photo session with a famous actress, Brooke Shields.
The vast breakthrough came in his modelling career when he launched his clothing line named “Wanderwall”.
Laird Hamilton in Wave Surfing
Besides modelling, Laird Hamilton improved his surfing skills as well. When he was only seventeen, his popularity spread among surfing lovers from all over the world. He was the first surfer who performed the 360-degree loop while strapped to his bound.
He has massive fame for improving wave surfing by many ideas.
- He, along with two of his friends, invented tow surfing which helps surfers to encounter more giant waves.
- Using innovative boats in tow surfing was first normalised by Laird Hamilton.
- He discovered a foil board to make the surfers give amazing stunts in water.
Laird Hamilton’s surfing career reached a new dimension after a booming surf on the Teahupo’o River in 2008.
Media Appearances of Laird Hamilton
Laird Hamilton made his film debut in 1987 with the North Shore movie. Later on, he appeared in some other films including “Moving Target (1989), “The Descendants (2011), and Point Break (2015).
This outstanding surfer has also shown his magic in the television industry. Many famous TV shows like Iconoclasts, Gary Unmarried, and Phineas and Ferb were blessed to have Laird as their cast member.
Moreover, his followers started him in many documentaries and as a guest of some shows. Some of his highly praiseworthy works are:
- Riding Giants- 2004
- Water Man- 2008
- Entertainment Tonight- (2008-2014)
- Oprah’s Master Class: Belief Special- 2015
Laird Hamilton was featured in television commercials of American Express credit cards. Two of the commercial series are “Hi, you probably wouldn’t recognise my name…” and “My Life, My Card“.
Other Activities of Laird Hamilton
In February 2008, Laird Hamilton took over the duty of the board of directors in H2O Audio. It is a watersports music company. He also serves as an environmental activist now.
Further, this versatile personality has written a book on the philosophy of life which he published in 2008.