- 1 Who is Ed Sheeran?
- 2 How much is Ed Sheeran's net worth?
- 3 How has he earned this huge wealth?
- 4 A Mini Biography of Ed Sheeran
- 5 Ed Sheeran's Early Life
- 6 Educational Background of Ed Sheeran
- 7 Ed Sheeran's Personal Life
- 8 Musical Career of Ed Sheeran
- 9 Ed Sheeran's Acting Career
- 10 Other Ventures of Ed Sheeran
- 11 Ed Sheeran's Philanthropic Activities
- 12 Awards and Achievements
Who is Ed Sheeran?
Ed Sheeran is one of the top 100 richest singers of the world having a net worth of $200 million. Originated from a locality of Suffolk, England, this mind-blowing English singer has earned a place among the musical stars of the universe.
Before getting into fame, he used to busk on the streets of London and sing at small gigs in Suffolk. Now, he has countless wealth and familiarity with the grace of his hit songs and charity works.
How much is Ed Sheeran's net worth?
Ed Sheeran’s net worth is $ 200 million Dollar.
How has he earned this huge wealth?
Ed Sheeran has made this vast amount through his successful recording sales, tours, and concerts. Besides, his official YouTube channel generates an attractive amount of money every day.
Moreover, his appearances in films and TV dramas are also a great source of his income. It’s reported that his record-breaking “Divide Tour” has grossed about 775.6 million Beating U2, Guns N’ Roses.
Real Estates: This incredibly popular British singer-songwriter has 27 property portfolios whose estimated value is $AU 110.3 million.
A Mini Biography of Ed Sheeran
- His birth name is Edward Christopher Sheeran, MBE.
- Fan popular name, Ed Sheeran.
- He was born on 17 February 1991 in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom.
- John Sheeran and Imogen Sheeran are his parents.
- By nationality, he is British.
- He belongs to a mixed ethnicity.
- He has faith in Catholic religious views.
- Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
- He is a singer, songwriter, guitarist, record producer, and actor by profession.
- He tied the knot with Cherry Seaborn in 2019.
- On the 17th of February 2020, he celebrated his 29th birthday.
- Physical factors:
Ed Sheeran's Early Life
Ed Sheeran was born to West Yorkshire resident Imogen Sheeran and John Sheeran on the 17th February 1991. He was the youngest son of his parents. By profession, his father John was an art curator in the Bradford-based Cartwright Hall whereas his mother Imogen served at Manchester City Art Gallery.
Moreover, they had an art consultancy firm named Sheeran Lock from 1990 to 2010. When Sheeran was only 4, his family moved to Framlingham leaving their previous residence at Hebden Bridge.
Consequently, Sheeran had to spend most of his early years in Framlingham. However, he has an elder brother named Matthew who is a professional composer.
Educational Background of Ed Sheeran
As a part of formal education, Ed Sheeran attended Framlingham based Thomas Mills High School. During those high school days, he developed his skills in song-writing, and by the age of 11, he became a master at playing guitar.
Additionally, he took music lessons from the Academy of Contemporary Music and studied Artist Development at the Access to Music. And luckily, at the age of 17, Sheeran got the chance to work with the National Youth Theatre of the UK.
Ed Sheeran's Personal Life
In January 2019, Ed Sheeran exchanged vows with the love of his life, Cherry Seaborn, in a private ceremony. 40 of their closest friends and family members were present at that ceremony. Before that marriage, the couple completed their engagement in January 2018 after staying in a relationship since July 2015.
However, the couple has announced the good news of being fortunate parents of the lovely baby girl- Lyra Antarctica in August 2020.
Musical Career of Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran began his musical career in 2004 by independently releasing a collection of work named Spinning Man.
Later on, he launched several Extended Plays including The Orange Room (2005), Ed Sheeran (2006), You Need Me (2009), Loose Change (2010), and Live at the Bedford (2010) before releasing his first studio album.
His debut studio album “+“ was released in September 2011 under Atlantic, Asylum and reached the number one position of UK Albums chart and Australian Albums chart. Following this successful debut, this super-talented British singer came up with 3 more studio albums including “х” and “÷”.
However, during his long music career, he has successfully done 71 music videos, 43 singles.
Some of his hit singles are as follows
- Thinking Out Loud
- Castle on the Hill
- Shape of You
- Galway Girl
Ed Sheeran's Acting Career
Ed Sheeran stepped down on the field of acting by portraying a cameo role on the New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street in 2014. Afterward, she also appeared in several TV series and films. Some of his best works include:
Sitcom Television Series
Home and Away
Television Soap Opera
The Bastard Executioner
Historical Fiction Drama
2015 (5 episodes)
Bridget Jones’s Baby
Romantic Comedy Film
Other Ventures of Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran set up his record label Gingerbread Man Records in August 2015. Under this label, Jamie Lawson released his self-titled album which reached the No. 1 position on the UK Albums Chart. Moreover, he owns a bar on Portobello Road, Notting Hill teaming up with Stuart Camp.
Ed Sheeran's Philanthropic Activities
Throughout his life, Ed Sheeran has done many charities. Some of them are as follows.
- Raising funds of £40,000 for street sex workers through a gig performance in Bristol.
- Gives away clothes to the St Elizabeth Hospice charity shop of Framlingham as an ambassador for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice.
- In December 2019, he founded a music foundation called Ed Sheeran Suffolk Music Foundation (ESSMF) to help artists under 18.
Awards and Achievements
Ed Sheeran has earned countless accolades for his fabulous performance in the music industry. Some of the best achievements include:
- The University of Suffolk’s honorary degree for contribution to music.
- American Music Awards (1 time)
- iHeartRadio Music Awards (4 times)
- Teen Choice (6 times)
- Grammy Awards (4 times)