- 1 Who is David Beckham?
- 2 How much is David Beckham's net worth?
- 3 How has he earned this wealth?
- 4 A Mini Biography of David Beckham
- 5 David Beckham's Early Life
- 6 Educational Background of David Beckham
- 7 David Beckham's Personal Life
- 8 Early Football Career of David Beckham
- 9 David Beckham's Professional Football Career
- 10 Endorsements and Business Ventures
- 11 Awards and Achievements
Who is David Beckham?
David Beckham is one of the wealthiest athletes in the world to have a net worth of $450 million. He has the honor of being the first British to win the Premier League title in England, Spain, the US, and France.
He has also got the chance to compete for England’s national team in the FIFA World Cup several times. Apart from this talented player has shown excellent performances in both the acting and modeling industries.
How much is David Beckham's net worth?
David Beckham’s net worth is $450 million Dollar.
How has he earned this wealth?
David Beckham has made this amount by the grace of his successful football career, business ventures, and brand endorsements. In 2003, he entered into a lifetime endorsement contract with Adidas for $130 million. Furthermore, his company DB Ventures generated a total net profit of $47 million in 2015 which has significantly grown up his net earnings as well.
Real Estate: Beckham has a lovely mansion in southern France, costing $4 million. Besides, he owns another house for $41 million in West London’s chic Holland Park neighborhood.
A Mini Biography of David Beckham
- His real name is David Robert Joseph Beckham OBE.
- Fan Popular name, David Beckham.
- He was born on 2 May 1975 in Leytonstone, London, England.
- Sandra Georgina West Beckham and David Edward Alan “Ted” Beckham are his parents.
- His nationality is English.
- He belongs to the white ethnicity.
- Taurus is his zodiac sign.
- He believes in both Jewish and Christian religious views.
- He is a former football player, business person, model, and actor by profession.
- He tied the knot with Victoria Beckham in 1999.
- On 2nd May 2020, he celebrated his 45th birthday.
- Physical factors:
David Beckham's Early Life
David Beckham was born to Sandra Georgina and David Edward Alan Beckham on the 2nd March 1975 in Leytonstone, London, England. He is the second child of his parents.
When Beckham was born, Sandra served as a hairdresser whereas Alan was a kitchen fitter. However, they worked hard to provide their children with all the privileges on their small income. Beckham has one elder sister namely Lynne Georgina and a younger one called Joanne Louise with whom he spent his early years in Leytonstone, London.
Educational Background of David Beckham
At the very beginning, David Beckham was admitted to Chase Lane Primary School for his preliminary education. Afterward, he attended Chingford County High School to pursue further studies. He was quite passionate about football and dreamed of being a successful footballer. This passion drove him to…
- Attend Manchester Bobby Charlton’s Soccer School.
- Take part in a training session with Barcelona.
- Attend the London Academy of Excellence Tottenham and Bradenton Preparatory Academy.
David Beckham's Personal Life
David Beckham exchanged vows with former Spice Girl Victoria Adams (especially known as Posh Spice) in 1999. Before their marriage, they dated several years which created huge media attention.
However, they are now blessed parents of four lovely offspring namely Brooklyn Joseph Beckham (born 1999), Romeo James (born 2002), Cruz David (born 2005), and Harper Seven (born 2011).
Early Football Career of David Beckham
As a newbie, David Beckham played for a local youth team called Ridgeway Rovers. Later on, he became a member of the Tottenham Hotspur club where he played from 1987 to 1991.
Simultaneously, he played for Brimsdown Rovers football club until 1991. While playing in Brimsdown Rovers, Beckham was named the 1990’s Under-15 Player of the Year.
However, he joined Manchester United, singing schoolboy form during his 14th birthday. Subsequently, he signed a contract of Youth Training Scheme on 8 July 1991 and continued his on-the-job training with Manchester United as a youth player until making a significant impact in the FA Youth Cup championship in 1992.
David Beckham's Professional Football Career
David Beckham started his professional football career with Manchester United in 1992. While playing for this club, he earned the Premier League title (6 times), won the FA Cup twice, and the 1999 UEFA Champions League.
Meanwhile, he landed on the ground for Preston North End in the 1994-95 season. In this season, he played in five games and scored two goals. After that, he returned to Manchester United and stayed with the club until 2003. Then, Beckham joined Real Madrid and played four seasons for it. In the final season, he won the La Liga championship with the club.
In 2007, Beckham signed a five-year contract with LA Galaxy, a Major League Soccer club.
However, he spent two years (2009 & 2010) in Italy for loan spells to A.C. Milan. This expert player announced the end of his professional football career in May 2013 after playing a season for Paris Saint-Germain.
Throughout his professional life, Beckham made some achievements including:
- The first British played 100 UEFA Champions League games.
- Appeared in the FIFA World Cup tournament three times, in 1998, 2002, and 2006.
- Played two UEFA European Championship tournaments in 2002 and 2004.
- Got the English Football Hall of Fame in 2008.
- Scored 97 goals as a professional football player.
Endorsements and Business Ventures
After retiring from his football career, David Beckham invested $25 million for an MLS expansion team. Now, he is the president and co-owner of this expansion team. However, this team is about to begin playing in 2020 with the name of Club Internacional de Fútbol Miami (Inter Miami CF).
Before that, Beckham launched his underwear line for H&M. Besides, he co-owns Beckham Brand Holdings Ltd which operates other subsidiary companies including DB Ventures. Moreover, he owns significant shares of Salford City.
Apart from these, he has endorsed some renowned brands including Adidas, Sainsbury’s, Armani, Gilette, Breitling watches, Haig Club Whisky, and Sky TV.
Awards and Achievements
David Beckham has made countless achievements during his glorious football career. Some of those includes:
- The league titles in England, Spain, the United States, and France
- 19 major trophies during a 21-year career
- England’s national football team captain from 2000-2006
- England Player of the Year (2003)
- FIFA World Player of the Year (1999, 2001).