Who Is Charlie Day?
Charlie Day is one of the most popular American actors. Especially his character as Charlie Kelly on TV series, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, has made him a favorite face in the TV industry. He is also a creative producer, screenwriter, director, and musician from the Bronx, NY.
How Much Is Charlie Day's Net Worth?
As of 2020, Charlie Day’s net worth is $ 35 million.
Table of Contents
How Has Charlie Day's Earned This Money?
Basically, he has earned this money from his acting profession. He has already appeared in many movies whose gross earnings are too high. Some of his highest grossing movies are
- The LEGO Movie (2014) : $469.2 million.
- Pacific Rim (2013) : $411.0 million.
- Pacific Rim Uprising (2018) : $290.1 million.
- Horrible Bosses (2011) : $209.6 million.
- Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) : $107.7 million.
- Vacation (2015) : $104.9 million
Moreover, his working as the producer, screenwriter, and director of many TV series has also helped him in raising his revenues. Now, he is one of the richest TV actors, born in NY.
Mini Biography Of Charlie Day
- His birth name is Charles Peckham Day.
- Fans know him as Charlie Day.
- He was born on 9 February 1976 in the Bronx, New York City, United States of America.
- His parents are Thomas C. Day and Mary Day.
- By nationality, he is an American.
- His ethnicity is White American.
- Aquarius is his birth sign.
- He is an actor, screenwriter, producer, director, comedian, and musician by profession.
- Marital Status: Married.
- He is now 44 years old.
- Body Facts: Height (1.7 meters) ; Weight (65 kg)
Charlie Day's Early Life
He was born on 9 February 1976 in the Bronx, New York City, U.S.A. He is the youngest child of his parents. He has an elder sister named Alice. His father, Thomas, is a retired professor of music history.
He taught at Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island.His mother, Mary, was a piano teacher in The Pennfield School in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Charlie passed his early years in Middletown, Rhode Island accompanied by his sister.
Educational Background Of Charlie Day
At the beginning of his study life, he attended Pennfield School. Later he was admitted to Portsmouth Abbey School in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
After completing his schooling from this institution, he enrolled in Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts. Having arts history as the main subject, Charlie graduated from there in 1998.
At the age of three, he began playing the violin. Gradually, he went for piano, accordion, trombone, guitar, and harmonica. Moreover, during college life, he was much active in performing art functions. So, got an honorary doctorate in performing arts from Merrimack College.
Charlie Day's Personal Life
On 4 March 2006, he had a knot with Mary Elizabeth Ellis. Before marriage, they were in a relationship of two years since 2004. In a 15 year married life, the couple gave birth to a child named Russell Wallace in December 2011. Now the family lives in Los Angeles, California.
Charlie Day And His Career
Before making his debut on television, he used to act in theatres. However, he stepped on the Television Industry in 2000 by acting in Mary and Rhonda. Afterward, he acted in many other TV series and shows. Among them, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has brought huge fame for him. He has been working in this series since 2005. Besides acting, he is an executive producer and co-writer of the series.Some of his best television shows are
Name of Shows
Three Guys, a Girl and a Conversation Noo
Law and Order
Swept Away- A Very Special Episode
Not Without My Mustache
He also performed the responsibilities of the executive producer in Unsupervised(2012), The Cool Kids (2018-2019), Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet (2020-present), First Fight (2017).
Charlie produced TV shows How to Be a Gentleman, Unsupervised, The Cool Kids too. Many animated movies and shows like Monster University, Unsupervised, American Dad, Party Central, The Lego Movie I &II, those were very soothing with his voice.
Furthermore, we are quite fortunate to have the chance to see him in various characters of Hollywood films. Some of his best movies are as following
- Late Summer (2001)
- Bad Company (2002)
- Love Thy Neighbor (2005)
- A Quiet Little Marriage (2008)
- Going The Distance (2010)
- Horrible Bosses (2011)
- Pacific Rim (2013)
- Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)
- Vacation (2015)
- Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)
Awards And Nominations Of Charlie
In his 19 years of professional life, he was awarded and nominated many times for his great jobs in acting.
- In 2011, he was nominated for Critics Choice Television Awards for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- In 2015, won the BTVA People’s Choice Voice Acting Award for The Logo.
- In 2015, proposed for MTV Movie and TV Awards for Horrible Bosses 2.
- In 2016, obtained OFTA Television Awards- Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.