- 1 Who is Chance The Rapper?
- 2 How much is Chance The Rapper's net worth?
- 3 How has he earned this wealth?
- 4 Let's Take a Glance at Some Unknown Facts about Chance The Rapper :
- 5 A Mini Biography of Chance The Rapper
- 6 Chance The Rapper's Early Life
- 7 Educational Background of Chance The Rapper
- 8 Chance The Rapper's Personal Life
- 9 Music Profession of Chance The Rapper
- 10 Chance The Rapper in Acting Profession
- 11 The voluntarism of Chance The Rapper
- 12 Awards & Achievements
Who is Chance The Rapper?
Chance The Rapper is one of the music youngsters in the United States of America. After debuting in hip-hop, he has earned huge fame within a handful of years because of his unique rap style.
Besides singing, he has involved himself with acting as well as social activities. Chicago’s former mayor recognized Chance as Chicago’s Outstanding Youth of the Year in 2014 for his labours as a social activist.
How much is Chance The Rapper's net worth?
Chance The Rapper’s net worth is $40 million dollars.
How has he earned this wealth?
He has accumulated this huge wealth from his diversified career. This famous rapper has launched all of his songs on streaming sites like Spotify, Apple Music and SoundCloud. And he gets a fixed amount on a regular basis for each view. He earned $500,000 from Apple Music by giving them first dibs to his album, Coloring Book.
Chance has made lots of tours and collaborated with many high profile singers including Kanye West, Childish Gambino. These efforts have also helped him to boost earnings. He was blessed with 500,000 per night from the Be Encouraged Tour.
Moreover, he also works as a brand ambassador of many companies like KitKat, H & M, Nike, ThankUObama Clothing line. That is a great source of his income.
Let's Take a Glance at Some Unknown Facts about Chance The Rapper :
- He belongs to the Millennials Generation.
- His mixtape, Coloring Book, stood on the Billboard 200.
- Barack Obama has invited him to the White House three times.
- He conquered the Michael Jackson Talent Show while studying at fourth standard.
- He didn’t put any charge on his songs to make them available for everyone.
- Hats and caps are known as his signature props.
- Kirk Franklin is his favourite composer.
- He has many tobacco farmlands in North Carolina.
A Mini Biography of Chance The Rapper
- His birth name is Chancellor Jonathan Bennett.
- People know him as Chance The Rapper.
- He was born on 16 April 1993 in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Ken Williams Bennett and Lisa Bennet are his parents.
- By nationality, he is an American.
- His ethnicity is Black.
- He believes in the Christian religion.
- Aries is his zodiac sign.
- He is a rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, and activist by profession.
- He is a married person and his spouse’s name is Kirsten Corley.
- He is 27 years old by now.
- Physical factors.
Chance The Rapper's Early Life
Chance The Rapper was born on 16th April 1993 in Chicago, Illinois of the United States. His parents named him Chancellor Jonathan Bennett. After getting into the profession of a rapper, he took the name of Chance The Rapper.
His father, Ken William Bennett, was a regular worker in the office of former senator, Barack Obama. At present, he is the deputy chief of the present mayor.
On the other hand, his mother worked at the Illinois Attorney General. Likewise Chance, his brother, Taylor Bennett is also involved with hip-hop. Both of them spent their childhood in the middle- class neighbourhood of West Chatham in Chicago.
Educational Background of Chance The Rapper
Chance was admitted to Jones Prep High School at the very beginning of his student life. But his school days were not so welcoming. Because of his poor performance and smoking habit, he was suspended from school many times.
However, he formed a hip-hop duo called “Instrumentality” with one of his friends. They regularly posted their videos on the internet.
During school days, he used to listen to Kanye West and got the inspiration for rap songs. Later, he chose to be a hip-hop singer in spite of his father’s disagreement.
Chance The Rapper's Personal Life
Chance The Rapper and Kristen Corley were in a relationship from 2013 to May 2016. In this meantime, they gave birth to a child called Кеnѕі (2015).
After their separation in May 2016, Chance got custody of his daughter, Kensi. He spent lots of time taking proper care of his child.
However, Kristen has come back to his life and they shared a vow on March 2019 at thе Реlісаn Ніll rеѕоrt іn Nеwроrt Веасh, Саlіf. Now, they are parents of one more child called Marli (2019).
Music Profession of Chance The Rapper
During the school years, Chance encountered a 10-day suspension for smoking cannabis. At that time, he was involved with the project of “10 Day” mixtape. It was his first full-length recording. Chance earned huge applause from the audience after its release on 3rd April 2012. The mixtape has been downloaded more than 500,000 times through Datpiff, a mixtape sharing site.
Chance’s very first mixtape, 10 Day, also brought him to the attention of Chuck Inglish, Kenny James $ and Blended Babies. He was featured in American two famous magazines, Forbes and Complex.
After that, he released his 2nd mixtape called Acid Rap on 30th April 2013. This release was just like a big turning point for Chance The Rapper. More than 1.5 million viewers downloaded Acid Rap via Datpiff.
He has also a mixtape and a studio album, released till now. Those are Coloring Book (2016) and The Big Day (2019) respectively.
Besides recordings, this famous rapper has made three concert tours. These tours are as follows.
- Magnificent Coloring World Tour (2016)
- Be Encouraged Tour (2017)
- The Big Tour (2019)
Chance The Rapper in Acting Profession
Chance made his debut on television with The Eric Andre Show in 2013. At the same year, he was featured in another television show called The Arsenio Hall Show.
He also appeared as a musical guest in some television shows.
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (2015)
- Saturday Night Live (2015)
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2016)
- The Ellen DeGleneres (2016)
Chance The Rapper hosted two famous TV shows called Saturday Night Live (2019) & The Late Late Show with James Corden (2019).
Besides acting on television, this multi-talented person has stepped down on the ground of Hollywood movies.
Some of his featured films are as follows.
The voluntarism of Chance The Rapper
Chance expressed his desire for working the betterment of youth in Chicago. Up to 2020, he has launched many programs for youth. Such programs include open mic nights for local high school students.
- Non-profit SocialWorks- to create new youth programs for Chicago area residents.
He also started Warmest Winter to collect money for distributing coats and sleeping bags to homeless people of Chicago. He also worked against gun violence. Chance was the supporter of Barack Obama and volunteered for his party many times.
Awards & Achievements
Chance has been awarded many times for his outstanding performance in the music industry. Some of his noteworthy achievements are as follows.
- BET Awards (three times)
- BET Hip-Hop Awards (two times)
- Grammy Awards (three times)
- iHeartRadio Music Awards (two times)
- Soul Train Music Awards (one time)