- 1 Who is Barry Manilow?
- 2 How much is Barry Manilow's Net Worth?
- 3 How has he earned this wealth?
- 4 A Mini Biography of Barry Manilow
- 5 Barry Manilow's Early Life
- 6 Educational Background of Barry Manilow
- 7 Barry Manilow's Personal Life
- 8 Some Interesting Facts about Barry Manilow
- 9 Professional Life Barry Manilow
- 10 Barry Manilow's Awards and Achievements
Who is Barry Manilow?
Barry Manilow is one of the wealthiest singer-songwriter, musician, producer, and arranger in the United States.
Three times Grammy award winner, Manilow is mostly famous for his hit singles “Can’t Smile Without You,” “Mandy,” and “Copacabana (At the Copa).” Apart from music, he has shown brilliant performances in television shows and movies.
How much is Barry Manilow's Net Worth?
Barry Manilow’s net worth is $100 million.
How has he earned this wealth?
Barry Manilow has earned most of his wealth from his recordings. The sale of 80 million copies of his albums has added a vast amount to his net worth. Besides, he has made a handsome amount by composing many hit songs for other artists such as Bette Midler and Dionne Warwick.
Apart from this, Manilow has produced many records and theatricals. This is also an excellent source of his income. His appearances on media have also grown up his earnings as well.
A Mini Biography of Barry Manilow
- His birth name is Barry Alan Pincus.
- People address him as Barry Manilow.
- He was born on 17th June 1943 in Brooklyn, New York City, USA.
- Harold Pincus and Edna Manilow are his parents.
- By nationality, he is an American.
- He belongs to mixed ethnicity.
- He believes in Jewish religious views.
- Gemini is his zodiac sign.
- He is a singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, theatrical producer, film score composer, actor, and screenwriter by profession.
- He is gay and so married Garry Kief in March 2014.
- On 17th June 2020, he celebrated his 77th birthday.
- Physical factors:
Light Brown/ Blonde
Barry Manilow's Early Life
Barry Manilow was born on 17 June 1943 in Brooklyn, New York City, US. He is the only child of his parents, Harold Pincus and Edna Manilow. His ethnicity is very much diversified as his parents belonged to Јеwіѕh, Іrіѕh-Аmеrісаn, аnd Ruѕѕіаn аnсеѕtrу.
Manilow spent his early years in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn. From a very young age, he was fond of music and, at last, took this music as the source of livelihood.
Educational Background of Barry Manilow
At the very beginning, Barry Manilow was admitted to the Eastern District High School for initial education. During his high school days, he connected with Susan Deixler, who later became his wife. In 1961, he graduated from this school.
Then, he enrolled at the City College of New York. But after a while, he moved to the New York College of Music and pursued his education from there. Later on, he entered the Juilliard School of Performing Arts to learn Musical Theater. Besides studies, Manilow served at CBS to manage his educational expenses.
Barry Manilow's Personal Life
In June 1966, Barry Manilow married his longtime sweetheart Susan Deixler, a student of the Eastern District High School. Unfortunately, their married life came to an end on 6 January 1966 due to Manilow’s growing career. After that, this famous singer dated some beauties, including Lorna Luft and Lіndа Аllеn.
In 1978, Manilow met Gаrrу Кіеv who was a television executive of that time. Gradually, they became close friends, and that friendship, at last, turned into love. They have secretly dated each other for many years. However, in April 2014, they tied the knot after same-sex marriage got legal support. Now, they are living happily like a perfect couple.
Some Interesting Facts about Barry Manilow
- In 1994, Barry Manilow filed a lawsuit against a Los Angeles radio station, claiming that one of their ads destroyed his professional image.
- Manilow had to pay $5000 to Judge Philip Espinosa as the fine for his concert’s loud noises.
- In 2006, Manilow’s songs helped Australian cops to fight against crime.
- Once a rumor arose about Manilow’s dating with the adult film actress, Robin Byrd.
- Manilow has a luxurious house in Palm Springs, California.
Professional Life Barry Manilow
Barry Manilow commenced his career in 1994 with famous radio & television network CBS. One of the directors of CBS, Bro Herrod, offered him to arrange some songs for the melodrama- The Drunkard’s musical adaptation.
But Manilow composed an utterly original score that impressed the director. Afterward, Bro Herrod used that score in the Off-Broadway musical run in New York’s 13th Street Theatre for eight years. After the success of this composition, Manilow decided to give more focus to composing.
Then, he started to write jingles for television and commercials. Two of his best jingles were State Farm Insurance and Band-Aid. Besides writing, he also gave voice to many commercials, including Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pepsi, МсDоnаld’ѕ, and Dr. Pepper. However, he contributed to this industry for almost four years.
In 1967, he got a chance to direct the music for the WCBS-TV series Callback. This series premiered on January 27, 1968. After that, he joined Sullivan’s production company as a theme arranger for The Late Show. In 1969, the vice-president and recording artist of Columbia/CBS Music Tony Orlando signed a record deal with Manilow. But his initial works could not have much impact in the mainstream music industry.
However, in the 1970s, he got a fantastic chance to show off his talent as a pianist while working with famous singer-songwriter Bette Midler. He assisted Midler in several albums and performances, including “Bette Midler” and ” The Divine Miss M”. He got Grammy nominations for this work in 1973. In his over 50 years of career, he has released 31 studio albums, 6 live albums, 17 compilation albums, 4 soundtrack albums, and 57 singles.
His first studio album, “Barry Manilow” reached the 28th position on the Billboard 200 chart after release in 1973. Next year, he released his second self-titled studio album, “Barry Manilow II” that reached 9th position on the Billboard 200 chart and got US platinum certification as well.
Some of his best studio albums include:
Titles of Albums
US Chart Position
Tryin’ to Get the Feeling
US: 2 times Platinum
US: 3 times Platinum
The Greatest Songs of the Fifties
The Greatest Songs of the Sixties
Singles: Top five singles of Barry Manilow’s are:
- Mandy (1974)
- It’s a Miracle (1975)
- Daybreak (1977)
- I Don’t Want to Walk Without You (1980)
- I Wanna Do It with You (1982)
Besides recording, Manilow has made countless tours and live concerts throughout his musical career, including “Hot Tonight Tour (1983)”, “Barry Manilow Concert (1989-90)”, “One Night Live! One Last Time! Tour (2004)”, and “A Very Barry Christmas (2017-18). Moreover, he was a regular entertainer in Las Vegas.
Along with a glorious music career, Manilow has made fantastic appearances on television. Some of his best television shows are “Tonight Show,” “Donny & Marie,” “Ally McBeal,” “Family Guy,” An Audience With…”, “The Diane Rehm Show.” Again, he acted in several movies such as Barry Manilow: Copacabana, Manilow: Live, The Barry, and Unconditional Love, Manilow: Music & Passion.
Barry Manilow's Awards and Achievements
This multi-talented personality has earned innumerable awards and accolades throughout his career. Such as:
- Special Tony Award (1977)
- American Music Award (1978, 1979, аnd 1980)
- Еmmу Аwаrd (1977 and 2006)
- Ноlу Wood Walk оf Fаmе (1980)
- Ѕоngwrіtеrѕ Wаlk оf Fаmе (2002)